Dr. Sally Edwards has many years of experience in engaging a wide range of stakeholders to promote the environmental health of communities and develop safer and greener products. She is a senior research associate at the Lowell Center for Sustainable Production at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. She is a co- founder of the Chemical Footprint Project, which is designed to recognize corporate leadership in the use of safer chemicals. Sally facilitates the work of the Green Chemistry and Commerce Council’s Retailer Leadership Council, whose mission is to promote safer chemicals, materials and products across retail supply chains. Eight major retailers are active participants in the RLC. Sally also serves on the board of directors for Women’s Voices for the Earth. Sally holds a MS in Environmental Health Science from Harvard University and a BA in Human Biology from Stanford University. She completed her doctorate in Work Environment at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. Her book, Beyond Child’s Play: Sustainable Product Design in the Global Doll-Making Industry, was published in 2009.
Stuffed Delicata with Vegetables and Wild Rice
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
4 zucchinis or summer squash, inside scooped out and diced
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, diced
1 Tbs. chopped garlic
2 t. grated ginger
2 peppers, diced
1 ½ cups broccoli florets
2 small baby Japanese eggplants, diced and steamed
1 can Canneloni beans, drained and rinsed
1 cups cherry tomatoes
1 cup baby Bella mushrooms, quartered
½ cup white wine
1 ½ cups kale, chopped
1 t. cumin
3 Tbs. tamari
1 t. salt
½ t. pepper
1 Tbs. chopped cilantro
2 Tbs. chopped parsley
2 cups cooked wild rice
1. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Brush with olive oil. Lay face down and roast in 375 degree oven for
15 minutes. When soft, remove from oven and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, sauté onions in olive oil till translucent, with garlic and ginger. Add carrots and cook for
4 minutes. Then add broccoli, steamed eggplant and peppers. Cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Add Canneloni beans, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms.
4. Add the kale and white wine.
5. Add tamari, salt, pepper and cumin. Continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
6. Add the Wild Rice, parsley and cilantro
7. Fill zucchinis with vegetable mixture.
8. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.